Thursday, February 9, 2012

Drive-by style post!

I work from home. I home-school. I blog. I have an online business. And, while I like to think I'm an outdoorsy girl, (I am at heart. Pass the granola.) I pretty much spend 7/8 of my life confined to the four walls of my 1300 square-foot apartment. I am a modern day hermit (Is there such a thing as a "modern day" hermit? Maybe I should just say hermit. I'm a hermit.) So when life hands me an opportunity to get out of my yoga pants and one of 24 ill fitting t-shirts I own, I grab that opportunity by the goatee and run with it. Literally.


Life handed me an appointment with the eye doctor the other day. And, while most people would say "Calm down, Lisa! What is wrong with you? Going to the eye doctors in the middle of the day!? Who do you think you are, Madonna??" I decided to do go out on a limb, take a chance, live life on the edge, and go for it. Panic set in when I realized I probably shouldn't face the public looking like a cross between one of the goblins from Labyrinth, Albert Einstein, and the girl who teaches your 9am aerobics class. I went to grab some jeans and a sweater but suddenly the unseasonably warm winter inspired me! I put together this little number and the most fabulous little 6 year old photographer I know decided she needed to document mama in "real" clothes.


Corduroy blazer- Vintage, Goodwill
Wool shorts- Vintage, my sister
Tunic- GAP via Goodwill
Wool leggings- obtained from clothes swap
Boots- Born
Scarf- Vintage, Goodwill
Ethnic embroidered bag- Vintage, my sister


That whole outfit probably cost me a total of $100 and that's only because the boots were $70 (marked down from $270 and I pretty much wear them every day I leave the house...don't judge!) So there's my $30 outfit! I found you can mix patterns and textures as long as they're in the same color family and you don't look like a crazy person. (So I have everyone fooled...cause clearly I'm nuts) I got to shower, put on normal clothes, get out of the house, and I scored some pretty sweet glasses, too..thanks to my friends at Riehle Opticians! I'll file that day under "success".

I got big, geeky glasses so I'm allowed into the "legit bloggers" club now. Such an honor.



2 comments:

  1. Love your outfit!! and your "geeky legit blogger glasses" haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shan! I'm waiting for my "geeky blogger" membership card. It should be here any day now...right behind my leather bound copy of "The Hobbit".

      Delete