Thursday, December 20, 2012

A tribute

Everything is different now

I'm trying not to let myself feel
Fighting the fibers of fear
Still, it's forcing its way...
From toes to fingertips to shoulders to temples
It ripples through tendrils and shouts with my steps

Fear of unknown keeps a girl up at night
Fear of what's known is a much deeper fright

Darling children, I remember you laughing 
And I will never forget. 
Life will move in patterns and waves 
Circle around us in shapes and songs
In the curve of the trees
in the fiery sunsets 
On the sandy shores, breezes swirling 
Shifting tides
The world will move on
And with turning of seasons I promise I will never forget. 
Normal is nonexistent,
Pain takes the place of sane, inexplicably senseless, never the same.
Struggling for words. I will never forget.

I have a hope.
 A pinhole of light in a day filled with night
It's hard to remember when the world is in shadows
Still, it's forcing its way...
From toes to fingertips to shoulders to temples
It ripples through tendrils and shouts with my steps

A hope that is bright
Helps a girl sleep at night. 


Dedicated to all of those who lost loved ones in the Sandy Hook shooting.
And those of us who are still struggling with it all.
Ps. 147:3











1 comment: