Friday, December 9, 2011

Oh, sweet nostalgia...

Remember when MTV played music?

I mean, really search into the deepest hollows of your brain and think. You might be able to locate a memory (probably next to the smell of your middle school hallway and your favorite TGIF lineup...) of music on MTV. I feel like I have a distant memory of some sort of graphic depiction of an 80s teenager whizzing by on roller skates before he crashed into a brick wall that revealed the letters MTV. And then the music videos would play! Imagine that!

I just read an article that said watching The Jersey Shore may actually make you dumber. Legitimately. Dumber. Now, I've never watched the show but I'm pretty sure that just reading about the show in that article chipped away at my intelligence a little bit. So, in order to counteract that, I watched the following video. This is one of my favorite performances from my favorite band on one of my favorite shows, MTV Unplugged. I had this episode recorded on VHS. If you're not sure what that is, grab the nearest 30+ year old you can find and ask them. I'm sure they'll be willing to tell you.

I present this as a sort of "antidote to the idiocy". Enjoy!
(cross posted this on G+ but I'm sure the 8 people that I know who actually use G+ will not mind)


4 comments:

  1. I actually remember watching this!! I miss MTV unplugged. They had some of the best performances! Love your Blog By the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Remember 10,000 maniacs unplugged?!! they did a version of patti smith's "because the night" so goood!
    Ps.
    2 words for you.... Stefan Urkal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laur!!! I almost posted "because the night"... Honestly! This is why we're twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved cranberries Unplugged! Zombie was my favorite song! MTV should do a "best of" unplugged performances.

    ReplyDelete